Copyright 2019 .
All Rights Reserved.

8:00 - 15:00

Our Opening Hours Sun. - Thu.


Call Us



Generic filters
Filter by Categories
Access Restricted Areas
Activities - Bertha Justice Fellowship
Annual Report
Assassination Reports
Closure on the Gaza Strip
Closure Update
Death Penalty
Election Reports
Fellows - Bertha Justice Fellowship
Freedom Of Association
Freedom of Expression / Peaceful Assemly
Freedom of Movement
Home Demolition / Distruction of Property
ICC / Universal Jurisdiction
Security Chaos
Field Updates
Israeli Settlements
Legislative Council
Other Information
Closure Update
External Publications
Fact Sheets
Human Rights Council (HRC)
Local Council Elections 2016
Position Papers
Special Procedures
Submissions to the UN
Treaty Bodies
Palestine to the ICC
Advocacy Activities
External publications
Palestinian Human Rights Organizations Council (PHROC)
Special Reports & Studies
Weekly Reports
Right to Health
Security Chaos
Field Updates
Special Reports & Studies
The War on the Gaza Strip
Torture in Palestinian Prisons
UN Interventions
Weekly Reports
Women Rights

During Seminar Organized by PCHR in Cooperation with al-Maghazi Cultural Center in Deir al-Balah, Sourani Demands Conjugating Efforts to Support Prisoners on Hunger Strike in Israeli Jails

Ref: 18/2017


Raji Sourani, Director of the Palestinian Center for Human Rights (PCHR) stressed that PCHR is following up the Israeli crimes against the Palestinian prisoners, especially the prisoners strike launched to enhance their imprisonment conditions and to put an end to the Israeli violations committed against them and their families, including the Israeli legislations that violate the prisoners’ rights, the latest of which was the force-feeding law enacted against prisoners on hunger strike, clarifying it violates the rules of the international humanitarian law and human rights. Sourani called for supporting the prisoners so they can obtain their fair and lawful demands, especially as the prisoners case is political par excellence and they have been imprisoned because of struggling for freedom and the Palestinian right to self-determination that is guaranteed by many international conventions.

Sourani pointed out that PCHR along with other human rights organizations are following up the legal submissions delivered to the International Criminal Court (ICC) that cover the 2014 Israeli offensive, the closure imposed on Gaza, settlement activities, the annexation wall in the West Bank and Jerusalem, and the Palestinian prisoners in the Israeli jails.

Sourani added that the Israeli closure imposed on the movement of persons and goods is unprecedented, immoral and constitutes a war crime against over 2 million Palestinians in the Gaza Strip. Sourani explained that the reality in occupied Jerusalem and the West Bank is getting worse as well, pointing out that Palestinians in Jerusalem are facing ethnic cleansing as 80% of Jerusalem is under the Israeli control and the remaining 20%  is small areas surrounded by settlements.

Sourani highlighted that PCHR is working professionally and calmly to achieve justice and judicial remedy for the victims and to prosecute the perpetrators, underscoring that no one has the right to waiver this right. He added that nothing would stop PCHR from employing the tools of the law in a civilized and humane manner to achieve the Palestinian right to self-determination and judicial remedy for victims, stressing that the law tools are the only weapon used by human rights organizations that does not negate other tools of struggle.


Sourani said that 2017 is the worst ever in the Palestinian history due to the Israeli closure and internal split. He confirmed that displaying the hard times does not mean seeking frustration, however, it aims to realize the reality in which we have a fair and legitimate cause that deserves all the sacrifices. Sourani called for conjugating efforts at all levels to put an end to the Israeli occupation and closure and the Palestinian split.

All of this was delivered in a seminar organized by PCHR in cooperation with al-Maghazi Cultural Center in al-Maghazi refugee camp. The seminar was attended by a number of national figures in Deir al-Balah on Thursday, 20 April 2017, and was titled as, “Reality of Human Rights in oPt and Efforts to Prosecute Israeli War Criminals.”

The meeting started when Tamer Elayan, member of al-Maghazi Center’s administration, welcomed the attendees. The meeting was facilitated by Abdul Halim Abu Samra, PCHR’s Public Relations Officer. He thanked the attendees for coming and appreciated the cooperation between PCHR and al-Maghazi Center. At the end of the meeting, the attendees thanked PCHR for the efforts it exercises to prosecute the Israeli war criminals, demanding similar meetings in the future.


No Comments

Leave a Comment