Gaza Witnesses its Bloodiest Day Ever, As the Number of Palestinians Killed in the Gaza Strip Rises to 25
Release no. 4
Gaza Witnesses its Bloodiest Day Ever,
As the Number of Palestinians Killed in the Gaza Strip Rises to 25
Published @ 16.00 GMT (18.00 local time) 26 September
As of 18.00 local time, the number of Palestinians killed by Israeli soldiers has risen to 25, including civilians and Palestinian policemen, making this the highest number of Palestinians ever killed in the Gaza Strip in a single day.
An updated list of the names of Palestinian civilians killed, as well as any additional information available regarding residency, age, and the nature of injury follows:
1. Nura Musa Abu Sa’ad. From Deir al-Balah, 13 years old, shot in head.
2. Qasim Suleiman Al-Buhisi. From Zawaydah village, 16 years old, head injuries.
3. Mohammed Al-Bayumi. From Rafah, 16 years old, head injuries.
4. Hani Jalal Musa. From Deir al-Balah, 18 years old, bodily injuries.
5. Riziq Suleiman Al-Hawajri. From Zawaydah Village, 30 years old, bodily injuries.
6. Ahmad Salim Al-Najar. From Khan Younis, 19 years old, head injuries.
7. Mohammed ‘Abdul Karim Al-Astal. From Khan Younis, 12 years old.
8. ‘Abdul Majid Saleh Hamad. From Khan Younis, 23 years old, chest injuries.
9. Mohammed Fathi Hasballah. 20 years old, shot in chest
10. Hazim Fawzi Saqer. 20 years old, shot in head.
11. Rashad Khader Abu Quta. 18 years old, shot in the head.
12. Hassan Mohammed al-Yazji. From Jabaliya, 28 years old, shot in the head.
An updated list of the names of Palestinian policemen killed, as well as any additional information available, follows:
1. Khalil Ahmed Nusair. From Beit Hanoun, Lieutenant, Naval Police, shot in chest.
2. Farid Al Da’aliz. Military Intelligence, from Nuseirat, 26 years old.
3. Bassim Ibrahim Na’im. Soldier, Medical Services.
4. Rajih Yusef Barud. Major, National Security, from Rafah, 41 years old.
5. Yusef Al-Beshiti. Soldier, National Security, from Al-Maghazi, shot in head.
6. Amjad Abu Harbid. Naval Police, from Beit Hanoun.
7. Qusai Mohammed ‘Akasha. From Jabaliya, 20 years old, shot in neck.
8. ‘Ala’ Usama Al-Shurab (details not available).
9. Ra’id ‘Alian Jabr. National Security
10. Musa Nasser Abu Nusair. From Deir al-Balah, 28 years old.
11. ‘Omar Musa Sisalam. 19 years old.
12. Shihda Mohammed Wahdan. National Security, 27 years old, shot in the head.
13. Issam Sa’id ‘Ulwan. National Security.
In addition, at least 315 wounded Palestinians have been treated in the Gaza Strip’s three main hospitals and in several clinics in Rafah. This number does not include hundreds of wounded who have been treated in other local clinics.
Name of Hospital
Shifa’ Hospital, Gaza
41 wounded severely in head and chest
Al-Ahli Hospital, Gaza
Nasser Hospital, Khan Younis
Clinics in Rafah
The Centre continues to monitor the situation, and will release further information as it becomes available.
For more information please contact Issam Younis or Mazen Shaqura at the Palestinian Centre’s Operations Room on (07)825 893 or 824 776. At night, call (050)573 711 or (07)835 779.