Nine Citizens wounded during Family Dispute in Jenin
On Tuesday, nine citizens were wounded during a family dispute, where firearms were used, in al-Jadeeda village, southeast of Jenin. This incident is part of the proliferation of weapons and assault on the rule of law in the occupied Palestinian territory (oPt).
According to investigations conducted by the Palestinian Center for Human Rights (PCHR), at approximately 22:00 on Tuesday, 25 June 2019, a family dispute, where sharp tools, sticks and stones were used, erupted between the cousins of (Z.) family in al-Jadeeda village, southeast of Jenin. After that, the dispute developed into the use of firearms. As a result, 8 citizens, including a child, were hit with live bullets. Some of them not involved in the dispute. Moreover, another citizen was hit with a sharp tool to the chest. As a result. he sustained serious and critical wounds.
The wounded were then taken to al-Razi Hospital belonging to Jenin Zakat Committee, Tubas Turkish Hospital and al-Najah Hospital in Nablus. The wounded citizens were identified as:
- Nael Mahmoud Haj Mohammed (27), who was hit with a live bullet to the leg;
- Shady Nahed Sa’d Hamed (25), who was hit with two live bullets to the legs;
- Ameen Zahi Qishtem (18), who was hit with a live bullet to the leg;
- Sa’oud Abd al-Hameed Zaqzouq (7), who was hit with live bullets to the jaw and hand;
- Muhana Ghaleb Zaqzouq (50), who was hit with a live bullet to the shoulder;
- Mohanad Muhana Ghaleb Zaqzouq (20), who was hit with a live bullet to the shoulder;
- Nael Feras Qa’dan Zaqzouq (22), who was hit with a live bullet to the jaw;
- Faisal Rafea’ Faisal Zaqzouq (32), who was hit with a superficial live bullet to his shoulder; and
- Monjed ‘Azmi Zaqzouq (33), who was hit with a sharp tool to his chest and his health condition is critical. It should be noted that he is staying in the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) at Al-Najah Hospital in Nablus.
PCHR is deeply concerned over the increasing number of casualties due to the misuse of weapons. PCHR also calls upon the competent authorities to prosecute those responsible for committing these incidents and take the necessary action to guarantee civilians’ safety and ensure non-recurrence of such incidents.