Training and Educational Missions for the Staff of the PCHR
The PCHR has always given priority to improving its capabilities through developing the human resources of its staff and improving their skills in fields related to their work. During 1997, seven members of the PCHR participated in six training activities organized by specialized organizations and human rights institutes. These missions were the following:
- From 28 June5 July 1997, Reem Abu Dakka, lawyer of the Womens Unit, participated in an international training course on the rights of the child, organized in Belgium by the Center for Childs Rights at the University of Ghent.
- From 30 June25 July 1997, Abdel Halim Abu Samra and Ibtisam Al-Aidi, from the Field Work Unit, participated in the 28th training course organized by the International Institute for Human Rights, Strasbourg, France.
- From 28 June12 July 1997, Khalil Shaheen, coordinator of the Field Work Unit, participated in a training course on human rights, organized by the Arab Organization for Human Rights, Tunisia.
- From 28 July8 August 1997, Eyad El-Alami, coordinator of the Legal Aid Unit, participated in a training course held in Geneva and organized by the International Service for Human Rights.
- From 1-11 August 1997, Isam Younis, coordinator of the Social and Economic Rights Unit, participated in an Arab training course on human rights strategy held in Cairo and organized by the Cairo Center for Human Rights studies.
- From 18-25 August 1997, Eyad El-Alami, coordinator of the Legal Aid Unit, and Hamdi Shaqqura, coordinator of the Democratic Development Unit, participated in a training course on human rights held in Cyprus and organized by the Justice, Peace, and Human Rights program at the Middle East Council of Churches.